Monday, June 11, 2007

Fuchsia Sweater

I finished this last night, it's a free pattern from the Plymouth Yarn Co. site using their Fantasy Naturale. I used Red Heart Soft Yarn in fuchsia.


I started out with a collar and here is the pattern:





Cast on 61


Knit 14 rows ( 7 garter ridges)


15th row: K4, (K2tog) 26 times, end K5.


16th row: K2, (YO, K2tog this is a buttonhole), Purl to last 4 sts, K4.


17th row: K4, inc ( knit in front & back of stitch) in next 26 sts, end K5


18th row: K4, purl across to last 4 sts, K4.





This eliminates the neckband portion of the pattern. continue on with Row 1 where it reads "begin pattern as follows".


I just realized you might want to place the buttonhole on the other side so just remember which end to do that!





I also eliminated rows 13-18 of the sleeves and worked 6 rows of K1, P1 ribbing.





This is the 1 year size.






I would like to try this same pattern using baby weight yarn, just have to work out the numbers and lengths.

I have another sweater almost done( Suzanne's Matinee Jacket) I'll post a picture of it, hopefully tomorrow!

No comments: