Thursday, April 12, 2007

Petal Sweater & Hat to match



I finished this set that I started last Saturday. It's a fun knit that requires a worsted weight yarn and size 8 needles. I used discontinued Red Heart TLC Lustre in color Butterscotch. It was a leftover in my stash from a baby blanket I made a few years ago.


You can find the hat pattern here


And I managed to knit even more bunnies last week. they just seemed to multiply daily!

I came up with the idea to make a chocolate knitted bunny, see below.







This is a butter lamb from the holiday & as we used the butter we discovered they actually start with a whole stick and then build around it. This one was made by a Polish woman who sells them every year at the market. I didn't actually see her working but would guess she uses a cake decorating bag and a round star tip to do the piping. The eyes were peppercorns, how unique and it was delicious on our homemade bread!

No comments: