Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Cabled Baby Jacket progress



I started this project on Dec 28th and am amazed how fast it's knitting up! Of course it's worsted weight yarn and size 9 needles no wonder! I am using Bernat Satin, color sea shell , a soft rose shade. I found 5 balls in my stash but it should only take 2 to complete the jacket. I had that yarn set aside for a baby blanket but I forgot which pattern!! Did you ever do that, forgot what you bought yarn for?



One thing I think is interesting is the way you knit the sleeves, leaving all the other stitches on the circular needle, no stitch holders are required! I know they look skinny in the picture but I haven't seamed them up yet. I'm headed out for a 2.5 mile walk and then back to knitting....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina! Beautiful work on that sweater! I love the color you're working with. Are you going to make the matching cabled hat? What a gorgeous set that would be/ Do you have someone in mind for this? Go ahead, get back to knitting!

Tina said...

No one certain baby in mind, I'll just tuck this little beauty away and start another one. Keep watching!