Monday, September 18, 2006
my design sweater idea is done!
here is the sweater itself, this is my design, the pattern stitches I call "sea shells". Now this is only my prototype, I hope to re-do the number of stitches in the body to make it a little fuller, also I again forgot buttonholes!!! so i will work those in as I re-write the pattern. For this I used Caron CuddleSoft 3 ply almost a fingering weight so I held 2 strands together. The yoke and sleeves are knitted with size 5's and the body sea shell section with a size 7. I did not use double pointed needles for the sleeves, I placed everything else on holders and knitted the sleeves using regular needles and then seamed them.
here is the matching hat.....